： | 黄石人事考试站官方365bet体育网：hs_offcn ， |
1. The visitors here are greatly impressed by the fact that _____ people from all walks of life are working hard for _____ new Ma’anshan.
365bet体育网A.; a B. ;the C. the; a D. the; the
365bet体育网2. _____, a small advertisement held my attention, which read “Easy job. Good wages. No experience necessary.”
365bet体育网A. Looking through the newspaper
B. While I was looking through the newspaper
365bet体育网C. To look through the newspaper
D. I was looking through the newspaper
3. Hard work, however, does not necessarily _____ much achievement or honor which is expected by someone.
365bet体育网A. stand up for B. come up with C. go after D. result in
365bet体育网4. _____ the aid from the government, the earthquake-stricken area _____ greater loss.
365bet体育网A. Apart from; should have suffered B. But for; would have suffered
365bet体育网C. Thanks to; could suffer D. Except for; would have suffered
365bet体育网5. I doubt if it is _____ for you to read that book again.
365bet体育网A. worth B. worthy C. worthwhile D. valuable
365bet体育网6. _____ her work for the sake of the family years ago, she would be as successful as her husband now.
A. Would she not give up B. If she didn’t give up
365bet体育网C. Had she not given up D. Should she not give up
7. It seems as though the sun _____ round the earth since it rises in the east and sets in the west.
A. circles B. is circling C. has been circling D. were circling
365bet体育网8. If the present unemployment _____ continue, the society would face a more difficult situation.
365bet体育网A. would B. should C. might D. could
9.The climate conference was attended by 11, 000 people, _____ it the largest UN gathering ever held.
A. making B. to make C. made D. to be making
365bet体育网10. The sorry-looking, blackened figure that _____, at once admitted that he had tried to break into the shop during the night but had got stuck in the chimney.
A. ceased B. absorbed C. revealed D. emerged
11. --- Why was the suspect set free?
--- For lack of _____ evidence.
365bet体育网A. solid B. apparent C. ambiguous D. concrete
12. _____ we know that diligent ants live in a highly organized society, it does nothing to prevent us from being filled with disgust when we find they are crawling over a carefully prepared picnic lunch.
A. Unless B. While C. Provided that D. Where
13. — Would you like tea or coffee?
365bet体育网— _____, just a cup of water.
A. Either B. Both C. Neither D. Each
14. —Catherine, I have cleaned the room for you.
—Thanks. You _____ it. I could manage it myself.
365bet体育网A. needn’t do B. needn’t have done
C. mustn’t do D. shouldn’t have done
365bet体育网15. We’ll get you informed of the meeting the moment the manager becomes _____.
A. accessible B. useful C. available D. convenient
16. Ten years ago the population of our village was _____ that of theirs.
365bet体育网A. as twice large as B. twice as large as
365bet体育网C. twice as much as D. as twice much as
17. In the cinema, there was an old man _____ beside me.
365bet体育网A. sat B. sit C. sitting D. to sit
365bet体育网18. The multinational corporation is making a take-over _____ for a property company.
365bet体育网A. application B. bid C. proposal D. suggestion
365bet体育网19. —I’m surprised to hear that Sue and Paul have _____.
—So am I. They seemed very happy together when I last saw them.
A. broken up B. finished up C. divided up D. closed up
365bet体育网20. — Do you think you could do without help?
365bet体育网— _____. This is not the first time for me.
365bet体育网A. Take care B. Hurry up C. Not exactly D. Don’t worry
365bet体育网21. — Are the two dresses of the same size and price?
— Yes. You may take _____, if you like.
A. everyone B. all C. each D. either
22. In this new city, we everyone will meet the _____ when we don’t know what to do.
A. occasion B. statement C. place D. information
23. The school board has _____ teachers to spare no effort to help the students who have fallen behind in studies.
365bet体育网A. looked into B. turned into C. called for D. cared for
365bet体育网24. Although this kind of vegetable tastes _____, yet it is rich in nutrition and good for your health.
A. bitter B. bitterly C. delicious D. deliciously
365bet体育网25. Jack was late for nearly two hours this morning but he gave such important reasons _____ he was excused.
365bet体育网A. why B. that C. when D. how
26. A terrible thought _____ Mr. Smith when he was leaving for work: what if an accident happened while his son was alone at home?
A. insured B. freed C. attacked D. struck
27. — I feel it necessary that everything _____ by the time our manager arrives.
365bet体育网— Yes, to make sure the conference is held on schedule.
A. is ready B. will be ready C. be ready D. has been ready
365bet体育网28. The stranger _____ to walk into the building in the early morning was probably a salesman.
A. seen B. to see C. to be seen D. seeing
29. With piles of work at hand, Jane doubts _____ she can pass the coming driving test.
A. that B. whether C. where D. when
365bet体育网30. Little Jim _____ to my home after he broke my mobile phone by accident.
A. dared not to come B. didn’t dare come
365bet体育网C. dared not come D. didn’t dare coming
365bet体育网31. _____ the duty of taking good care of my parents, I have decided to work in Quanzhou, which is close to my hometown.
365bet体育网A. To consider B. Considering
C. Considered D. To have considered
365bet体育网32. I wondered why John kept it a secret. It was not until he _____ three times that he told me the truth.
A. asked B. was asking C. had asked D. had been asked
365bet体育网33. The stadium is very splendid and attractive in appearance, _____ may be imagined.
A. it B. what C. as D. that
34. To my great disappointment, my best friend left the city _____ I could have a word with her.
A. before B. after C. while D. until
365bet体育网35. According to the new traffic regulations, running a yellow light _____ running a red one.
365bet体育网A. is suitable for B. is equal to C. is worthy of D. is strict in
365bet体育网36. I make a promise that I won’t waste any more of your _____ time.
A. ordinary B. brilliant C. formal D. valuable
37. —I saw Jane and her sister in the park at eight yesterday evening.
365bet体育网— Impossible. She _____ TV with me in my home then.
A. had watched B. was watching C. would watch D. watched
38. I _____ walking in the garden _____ watching TV in the room.
365bet体育网A. like; instead B. would rather; than
365bet体育网C. prefer; to D. prefer; rather than
365bet体育网39. — I did very poorly in last week’s test.
—_____. Look at your paper. You got a good mark.
A. You’re dead right B. Absolutely.
C. You’ve got a point there. D. Oh, come off it!
40. _____, she does get angry with him sometimes.
365bet体育网A. Although much she loves her husband
365bet体育网B. Much although she loves her husband
C. As she loves her husband
D. Much as she loves her husband
41.—How far can you run without stopping?
365bet体育网—_____. I’ve never tried.
A. Don’t mention it B. That’s all right
365bet体育网C. I have no idea D. Go ahead
365bet体育网42. Don’t _____ too late, or you will feel tired in class.
365bet体育网A. wake up B. stay up C. get up D. stand up
43. The managers were discussing the plan which they all wanted to see _____ out that month.
365bet体育网A. to be carried B. to carry C. carrying D. carry
44. The subject _____ we are going to turn is about English studies.
A. about which B. with which C. about that D. to which
45. The following day I ran my first race at high _____.
A. latitude B. altitude C. longitude D. attitude
46. Our _____ sensitivity decreases with age. By age 60, most people have lost 40 percent of their ability to smell and 50 percent of their taste buds.
A. sensible B. senseless C. sensitive D. sensory
47. I cried _____ my voice, but still they could not hear me.
A. at top of B. at the top of C. on the top in D. to the top of
365bet体育网48. The beautiful mountain village _____ we spent our holiday last year is located in _____ is now part of Fujian.
A. which; where B. where; what C. that; what D. when; which
49._____ the day on, the weather got worse.
A. With B. Since C. Which D. As
365bet体育网50._____ children believe they can succeed, they will never become totally independent.
365bet体育网A. If B. Though C. Unless D. When
51. They _____ on the program for almost one week before I joined them, and now we _____ on it as no good results have come out so far.
A. had been working; are still working B. had worked; were still working
C. have been working; have worked D. have worked; are still working
52. It is imperative that the government _____ more investment into the shipbuilding industry.
365bet体育网A. attracts B. shall attract C. attract D. has to attract
365bet体育网53. The young lady _____ nothing but fashions on which she spends a lot.
A. cares for B. applies for C. sends for D. runs for
365bet体育网54. While fool people can often complicate the simple, an intelligent is more likely to ____the complex.
365bet体育网A. sacrifice B. substitute C. simplify D. survive
365bet体育网55. _____ is troubling me is _____ I don’t understand _____ he said.
A. What; that; what B. It; that; what
365bet体育网C. That; that; what D. What; that; which
56. Jack has never been to Disneyland before, but he _____ there this summer.
365bet体育网A. has been B. goes C.went D.is going
57. Because of the Asian Games in Guangzhou, Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang had to _____ their wedding.
365bet体育网A. put off B. put out C. put up D. put down
58. The moment I got back to the classroom, I found I _____ my jacket on the playground.
365bet体育网A. Left B. had left C. have left D. was leaving
59. _____ you keep it a secret for the time being? It’s just between us.
A. Must B. Can C. Should D. May
60. Most smokers say that they _____ smoking to some degree, but health experts suggest that they had better _____.
365bet体育网A. benefit from; cut it out B. benefit; cut it in
C. benefit; cut it off D. benefit from; cut it away
61. The first inhabitants in Britain were _____.
365bet体育网A. the Normans B. the Celts
365bet体育网C. the Iberians D. the Anglo-Saxons
62. Who was the first woman Prime Minister in British history?
A. Elizabeth I B. Elizabeth II
365bet体育网C. Margaret Thatcher D. Diana Princess of Wales
365bet体育网63. _____ is not a tourist attraction in the United States.
A. Yellowstone NationalPark B. Grand Canyon
C. St. Patrick’s Cathedral D. Stonehenge
365bet体育网64.The finest example of Hawthorn’s symbolism is the recreation of Puritan Boston in _____.
A. The Scarlet Letter B. Young Goodman Brown
C. The Marble Fawn D. The Ambitious Guest
65. _____ is a famous poem written by Robert Burns.
A. The Chimney Sweeper B. The Tiger
C. London D. A Red, Red Rose
66. The place we live in is called house in English but 房子in Chinese. This shows the _____ of language.
365bet体育网A. arbitrariness B. duality C. creativity D. displacement
67. In Chinese if someone breaks a bowl or a plate the host or the people present are likely to say sui sui ping an. This language phenomenon reflects the _____ of language.
A. Performative Function B. Emotive Function
C. Phatic Function D. Recreational Function
365bet体育网68. Both syntax and semantics are the branches of linguistics, the former studies the rules governing the combination of words into sentences, the latter studies _____.
365bet体育网A. the form of words B. the meaning of language
365bet体育网C. the sound patterns of language D. the change of language
69. A syllable is a part of a word which contains a _____ and is pronounced as a unit.
365bet体育网A. consonant B. vowel C. phoneme D. pitch
365bet体育网70. The most distinguishable linguistic feature of a regional dialect is its _____.
365bet体育网A. accent B. use of words C. morphemes D. use of structures
71. The _____ are the indigenous people of New Zealand, and have a rich and varied culture.
365bet体育网A. Maori B. Cherokee
365bet体育网C. People from India D. People from Southeast Asia
365bet体育网72. The 1920’s in the United States has been described as a period of _____.
365bet体育网A. culture revival
B. loss of purpose
365bet体育网C. development of science and technology
365bet体育网D. material success and spiritual frustration
73. Which day is Lincoln’s Birthday?
365bet体育网A. February 12. B. February 22.
C. July 4. D. October 12.
74. The term “metaphysical poetry” is commonly used to name the work of the 17th century writers who wrote under the influence of _____.
A. John Milton B. John Donne
C. John Keats D. John Bunyan
75. “God help those who help themselves” is a citation from the work of _____.
A. Paine B. Franklin
C. Freneau D. Jefferson
365bet体育网76. In meaningful practice the focus is on the production, comprehension or exchange of _____.
A. structures B. sentences C. form D. meaning
77. PPP and TBL are two approaches to language teaching. PPP stands for presentation, practice and production, and TBL stands for _____.
A.Task Book Language stands B.Text Book Learning
C.Teacher-Based Learning D.Task-Based Learning
365bet体育网78. Hedge discusses five main components of communicative competence. These components include linguistic competence, pragmatic competence, discourse competence, strategic competence, and _____.
365bet体育网A. accuracy B. fluency C. correctness D. grammaticality
365bet体育网79. Which zone doesn’t lie in Great Britain?
A. Scotland B. England C. Northern Ireland D. Wales
80. Between 1337 and 1453 the _____ took place in Britain.
365bet体育网A. Wars of Roses B. Hundred Years’ War
C. Black Death D. Peasants Uprising
365bet体育网81. The Emancipation Proclamation to end the slavery plantation system in the South of the U.S. was issued by _____.
365bet体育网A. Abraham Lincoln B. Thomas Paine
365bet体育网C. George Washington D. Thomas Jefferson
82. Language is said to be arbitrary because there is no logical connection between _____ and meanings.
365bet体育网A. sense B. sounds C. objects D. ideas
365bet体育网83. If two sounds are in complementary distribution, they are _____ of the same phoneme.
365bet体育网A. allophones B. symbols C. phones D. signs
84. Which of the following sentences is a two-place predicate?
365bet体育网A. It is snowing. B. The baby is sleeping.
365bet体育网C. John gave Mary a book. D. Jack loves Mary.
85. _____ does not belong to formative assessment.
A. Learner portfolio B. Test results
365bet体育网C. Classroom observation D. Student diaries
86. What is the teacher doing in terms of error correction?
“S: I go to the theatre last night.”
365bet体育网T: You GO to the theatre last night?
365bet体育网A. Correcting the student’s mistake.
365bet体育网B. Hinting that there is a mistake.
C. Encouraging peer correction.
D. Asking the student whether he really went to the theatre.
87. When learners come across new words, they are required to focus on _____.
365bet体育网A. spelling B. semantic features
C. form, meaning and use D. word formation
88. Which of the following features is not exhibited by the deductive method?
A. It saves time.
B. It pays more attention to form.
C. It teaches grammar in a decontextualized.
365bet体育网D. It encourages students to work out the grammatical way rules.
89. _____ may be defined as any kind of engaging with the language on the part of the learners, usually under the teacher supervision, whose primary objective is to consolidate learning.
365bet体育网A. Presentation B. Practice C. Production D. Preparation
90. The activity of _____ may maximize the possibility of eliciting ideas, words or concepts from students when it is focused on a given topic.
A. retelling B. assessing output
C. brainstorming D. comprehension
91. The following were the founding fathers of the American Republic except _____.
A. George Washington B. Thomas Jefferson
365bet体育网C. William Penn D. Benjamin Franklin
92. The New Deal was started by _____.
365bet体育网A. Franklin Roosevelt B. J.K. Kennedy
C. George Washington D. Thomas Jefferson
93. The United States was rated _____ in the world in terms of land areas.
365bet体育网A second B third C fourth D fifth
365bet体育网94. The Western Plateau covers almost _____ of Australia.
A. one third B. two thirds C. a half D. three fourths
95. The U. S. A is known as a “Melting Pot” for its _____.
A. Mixture of nationalities B. mixture of climates
C. mixture of habits D. mixture of religions
365bet体育网96. “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” has been claimed by Malcolm Cowley as “Hemingway’s most accomplished piece of writing.” It’s about _____.
A. a study of the psychology of a dying man
B. a group of expatriates and veterans
365bet体育网C. a bullfighting
365bet体育网D. a war experience
97. It’s generally known that the “First book of American” is _____ by John Smith.
365bet体育网A. A True Relation of Virginia
B. The True Travels of Captain John Smith
365bet体育网C. Map of the Bay and the Rivers
D. A Description of New England
365bet体育网98. “A Red, Red Rose” was written by _____.
A. Alexandra Pop B. Robert Burns C. William Blake D. John Keats
99. Which of the following writers is a poet of the 20th century?
A. T. S. Eliot B. H. Lawrence.
C. Theodore Dreiser D. James Joyce.
365bet体育网100. The term “metaphysical poetry” is commonly used to name the work of the 17th century writers who wrote under the influence of _____.
A. John Milton B. John Donne C. John Keats D. John Bunyan
101. This pen _____ well, and I’m always using it when I take exam.
A. writes B. write C. is writing D. is written
365bet体育网102. You shouldn’t have left matches and cigarettes on the table within _____ of little children.
365bet体育网A. hand B. reach C. space D. distance
103. -- Melinda is never late for class. Why is she absent today?
-- Something _____ to him.
A. must happen B. should have happened
C. could have happened D. must have happened
104. For all these years I have been working for others. I’m hoping I’ll _____ my own business someday.
365bet体育网A. turn up B. fix up C. set up D. make up
365bet体育网105. -- I have got a headache.
365bet体育网-- No wonder. You _____ in front of that computer too long.
365bet体育网A. work B. are working
C. have been working D. worked
106. Tom often mentions _____ his good friends.But his friends avoid _____ him.
A.missing; meeting B.miss; to meet
C. missing; meet D. to miss; to meet
365bet体育网107. The desks are made _____ wood. Wine (酒) is made _____ grapes.
A.of; from B.in; by C. into; of D. from; of
108. It is _____ that _____ the students in my class is 60 and _____ students like sports.
A. said; the number of; a number of B.say; a number of; the number of
365bet体育网C. says; the number; a number D. said; number; number
109. We’re happy that our country has developed _____ these years than before.
A. quickly B. less quickly C. more quickly D. most quickly
110.It’s not fine today. You’d better _____ out. Why _____ stay at home watching TV?
A. not to go; not B. not go; not C. don’t go; / D. to not go ; /
111. These _____ look up to ten _____.
A. Germans; heroes; B. Germen; hero
C. Germany; hero D.Germany; heroes
365bet体育网112.He _____ to school by bike, but now he _____ to school on foot.
365bet体育网A. used to go; gets used to go B. gets used to going; used to go
C. used to go; gets used to going D.used to going; gets used to go
365bet体育网113.We just held a sports meeting to celebrate the _____ birthday of our school and we are so proud _____ what it has achieved.
A. seventy ninth, in B. seventy-nine, in
365bet体育网C. seventy nine, of D. seventy-ninth, of
114.It’s creative _____ you _____ this good idea.
A. of; to come up with B. for; to come up with
C. of; think of D. for; to think of
115. -- How did you get the MP4, from a shop or by phone?
365bet体育网-- _____. I always like shopping online.
365bet体育网A. None B. Neither C. Both D. All
116. It sounds like something is wrong with the car’s engine. _____ we’d better take it to the garage immediately.
365bet体育网A. Otherwise B. If not C. But for all that D. If so
117. The gasoline _____. Let’s fill the car up at the next gas station.
A. is running out B. has run out C. is being run out D. has been run out
118. It was proposed by the board that our school _____ more top experiments.
A. would introduced B. introduced
365bet体育网C. introduce D. be introducing
365bet体育网119. The Council of Europe produced an agreement on cybercrime in 2001, _____ has been approved by many countries.
A. what B. that C. which D. when
120. Wait a second! My essay is almost done. I _____ for two hours!
365bet体育网A. have written it B. have been writing it
365bet体育网C. wrote it D. am writing it
121. As Mrs Roosevelt put _____, I’d rather light a candle than complain about the darkness.
A. it B. that C. this D. them
122. Many people nowadays refer to themselves as chihuo—people who love to eat and are satisfied and excited when _____ delicious food.
365bet体育网A. tasted B. to taste C. tasting D. having tasted
123. -- Will you buy me a toy car, Mummy?
365bet体育网-- OK. You _____ have one if you tidy your room as soon as possible.
365bet体育网A. might B. must C. could D. shall
124. The thief fell to the ground, his left foot _____ and blood _____ down from his mouth.
A. breaking; running B. broken; running
C. breaking; run D. broken; run
125. He states that good qualities such as honesty and self-discipline make _____ he is today
A. whom B. how C. what D. which
126. I looked through the window of our hotel, _____ I saw a man taking photos in the yard.
365bet体育网A. where B. at which C. when D. from where
127. -- John said he would provide you with anything you needed, didn’t he?
-- Yeah. It was _____ of him, but I declined his offer.
A. modest B. punctual C. instant D. considerate
365bet体育网128. Joining the firm as a clerk, he got rapid promotion, and _____ as a manager.
A. ended up B. dropped out C. came back D. started off
365bet体育网129. -- Did you receive the letter the next day?
-- No, somehow, it was three weeks _____ I received it.
365bet体育网A. since B. when C. that D. before
130. The living room is clean and tidy, with a dining table already _____ for a meal to be cooked.
A. laid B. laying C. to lay D. being laid
131. The professor can hardly find sufficient grounds _____ his argument in favour of the new theory.
A. which to base on B. on which to base
C. to base on which D. which to be based on
132. It is _____ he often fails in exams _____ makes his parents worried about him.
A. what, that B. that, what C. that, that D. /, that
133. This is a _____ building, which is about _____ high.
365bet体育网A. six-storey; 38 metre B. six-storeys; 38-metre
365bet体育网C. six-storey; 38 metres D. six-storey; 38-metres
365bet体育网134. —Shall we go outing this weekend?
365bet体育网—Oh, with all this work _____, I don’t know if I will have time to go out.
365bet体育网A. to do B. doing C. done D. do
135. You may _____ a dictionary if you don’t know how to pronounce a word.
365bet体育网A. look up B. refer to C. look into D. look for
136. --- Do you think he will do me a favor?
--- As far as I know, he is the last one to help others. He _____ be prepared to give you a hand, though.
365bet体育网A. can B. must C. might D. should
137. It is not what we do once in a while _____ shapes our lives, _____ what we do consistently.
365bet体育网A. which; that; B. that; that C. which; but D. that; but
138. I’ve never _____ the theory that people are more important than animals.
365bet体育网A. corresponded to B. subscribed to
365bet体育网C. referred to D. contributed to
139. Australian magnate Clive Palmer announced his plan to build a 21st century version of Titanic, with its first voyage _____ for 2016.
365bet体育网A. to schedule B. scheduling C. scheduled D. being scheduled
365bet体育网140. _____, Liu Wei achieved the goal many normal people couldn’t accomplish.
A. As he was disabled B. Disabled as he was
C. Was he as disabled D. Disabled as was he
365bet体育网141. There is _____ thing as failure. Failure is just life trying to move us in another direction.
A. not such B. such no C. no such D. such not
142. His failure in the college entrance exam _____ him the opportunity to go to university.
A. spent B. took C. paid D. cost
365bet体育网143. -- What do you think of my homework?
365bet体育网-- Good work, _____ a few slight mistakes.
A. in addition to B. except C. as well as D. apart from
144. Dick enjoys painting but he knows the fact _____ he doesn’t have _____ it takes to be a painter.
365bet体育网A. which; what B. that; what C. what; that D. that; that
145. We believe her design is _____ because it is completely different from anyone else’ s.
A. original B. initial C. vivid D. previous
365bet体育网146. The MH370 from Malaysia crashed in the southern Indian Ocean, _____ global concern about flight safety.
365bet体育网A. to cause B. causing C. having caused D. caused
365bet体育网147. _____ to the current education system of China, the Ministry of Education should make changes to make it efficient for selecting talents.
A. Most of us are so accustomed B. So are most of us accustomed
C. Accustomed as most of us are D. As most of us are accustomed
148. He accidentally _____ that he had been laid off and had to make a living away from home.
A. let out B. let alone C. let down D. let off
149. If it hadn’t rained so hard last night, it _____ so cold today.
A. wouldn’t be B. hadn’t been
365bet体育网C. wouldn’t have been D. weren’t
365bet体育网150. On Sundays there were a lot of children playing in the park, _____ parents seated together joking.
365bet体育网A. whose B. their C. which D. where